Well, were in the end-game for trip preparations, and Rob is already in Leavenworth getting settled for the night near where we’re going to meet up to start off the ride. I’ve been watching the weather conditions on Stevens pass hoping that things look good enough to ride over this weekend (knobby tires don’t do well on ice).
My packing is taking shape, and I’m really liking the combination of the Dirt-Bagz soft panniers with the Ortleib Rack-Pack waterproof duffel. I think it’s all going to work well!
Here’s what I have (from the back of the table)
- Sleeping bag (5 deg F rated)
- Inflatable sleeping pad
- 2-person tent
- Clothing and toiletries (black Dirt-Bagz duffel)
- Blue paper shop towels
- Fire starting supplies and first aid kit
- Cooking tins
- Headlamp and flashlight, batteries
- Rotopax 1-gallon tanks: Gasoline (red), Water (white)
- Tripod stool
- Tire irons and tools
- Micro stove and propane cylinder
- Manfrotto camera tripod
- Panasonic Toughbook H2
- Microsoft Wedge Mobile keyboard and mouse (Bluetooth)
- Garmin 60CSx GPS
- Mobile WiFi access point
- GoPro HERO2 cameras (2)
- Memory cards
- Canon 5D Mark III DSLR camera
- 580EX-II speedlite flash (may not make it in!)
That’s quite the assortment of gear! Hopefully not too much. Rob and I may pair things down in Leavenworth when we compare notes. Otherwise, we’ll both have “one of everything”.
Our route will be dirt roads, highway, and trail that covers a loop in central Washington:
This should prove to be quite fun finding our way around, and experiencing new parts of the state that we haven’t seen yet!
Time for me to go charge up all of my batteries. In the morning I head out!
More updates soon.